The following are some key points about I-67:
- North-south interstate link between Indianapolis and Nashville, TN that will pass through Owensboro, Kentucky.
- I-67 uses mostly existing corridors from I-69 at Indianapolis and the Natcher Parkway to I-65 near Bowling Green, KY
- One major Greenfield section remains, 38 miles of US 231 from I-64 to I-69 in Dubois and Daviess counties in Indiana
- I-67 would use the underutilized Natcher Bridge to Kentucky near Owensboro as well as the existing Natcher Parkway and Owensboro By-Pass Extension to connect with I-65 in Bowling Green.
- I-67 would leverage investments in I-69 in southern Indiana and around Indianapolis.
- I-67 would leverage the recently completed US 231 corridor in Spencer County, Indiana. Funding would be used to upgrade and eliminate existing grade intersections.
- I-67 would provide a less congested route from Nashville to Indianapolis avoiding the delays on I-65 through Louisville.