Friday, January 13, 2012

Facts about Interstate 67 as Owensboro's interstate

The new Interstate 67 Corridor is perhaps one of the most important and exciting opportunities for the Greater Owensboro region. I-67 is a top priority of the City of Owensboro, Daviess County Fiscal Court, Greater Owensboro Economic Development Corp and Chamber of Commerce. These organizations will be working closely with the Interstate 67 Development Corporation and leadership in Spencer, Dubois, and Daviess counties in southern Indiana to make I-67 a reality.

The following are some key points about I-67:
  • North-south interstate link between Indianapolis and Nashville, TN that will pass through Owensboro, Kentucky.
  • I-67 uses mostly existing corridors from I-69 at Indianapolis and the Natcher Parkway to I-65 near Bowling Green, KY
  • One major Greenfield section remains, 38 miles of US 231 from I-64 to I-69 in Dubois and Daviess counties in Indiana
  • I-67 would use the underutilized Natcher Bridge to Kentucky near Owensboro as well as the existing Natcher Parkway and Owensboro By-Pass Extension to connect with I-65 in Bowling Green.
  • I-67 would leverage investments in I-69 in southern Indiana and around Indianapolis.
  • I-67 would leverage the recently completed US 231 corridor in Spencer County, Indiana. Funding would be used to upgrade and eliminate existing grade intersections.
  • I-67 would provide a less congested route from Nashville to Indianapolis avoiding the delays on I-65 through Louisville.
The view a map of the Interstate 67 corridor, please visit: http://edc.owensboro.com/_documents/owensborointerstateflyer_final.pdf

No comments: