We are enthusiastic about the projects that await us in 2011, hopefully the volume of activity will rival the past two years.
Since 2009 EDC have worked 26 projects bringing over $100 million in new investment to the region creating 1,110 new jobs. This volume more than doubled our share of projects statwide compared to previous years.
The following are projects that we are working on as we start 2011:
- It will be a big year for the Centre for Business and Research, our business incubation facility will officially open this spring. We have already surpassed our goal of having three tenants the first year of operation. We fully expect to have at least five by the end of 2011.
- The EDC will continue to work on lead generation activities locally and through our partnership with Kentucky United at the state level. We are currently in the middle of a lead generation campaign focusing on logistics and distribution centers. We will also focus on food manufacturing and back office operations this year.
- We will continue to make our work with existing businesses a high priority. The EDC is currently working on several existing business expansion and retention projects that should be announced in 2011.
- The EDC will be launching a couple of campaigns in 2011 focusing on talent attraction. The first campaign, which will feature a new community video, is part of a partnership between the EDC and local colleges to attract new college students to the region.
- This month the EDC is launching the first ever "Economic Development Citizen's Academy," an effort to encourage public involvement and understanding of the economic development process. The Academy begins on January 27. For more information visit the Citizen Academy page of the EDC website.
We hope you have a prosperous 2011!